18 January 2007

No soup for you!

Frugaldad and I can quote most of the Seinfeld episodes. We can also think of a Seinfeld episode to fit almost any situation. So anyway, I made some soup last night. I started out with Kerflop's recipe but I changed it. Here's my version.

Tangy Potato Soup
6 medium to large russet potatoes. Peel 4, leave the skin on 2, and dice into 3/4 inch pieces
2 cans low-sodium chicken broth
1 8 oz package cream cheese
2 tbsp dried minced onion
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tbsp flour
1 cup cooked, crumbled bacon (I used the precooked kind I buy in a big bag at Costco, about 12 oz bacon cooked would yield a cup of bacon)

Put potatoes, chicken broth, cream cheese and onion in a big soup pot. Bring to a boil. Add milk which has been mixed with flour to dissolve lumps. Simmer until potatoes are tender (15-20 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Add bacon and serve.

The cream cheese gives it a delightful tang.

No comments: