12 January 2007

A Good Investment at $5.99

If you want to buy a hand-knit soaker online you can expect to pay at least $40 or even more. So the $8 I spent on the yarn plus a few hours of my time seems like a pretty good deal. Until the soaker starts looking like this, and it doesn't look like it's worth anything at all.

The fabric starts to get fuzzy and pill and doesn't look so great. So I trekked into Target and bought a battery-operated sweater shaver for 5.99 and put it to work on the soaker. Now it looks like new!

And here is the fuzz that came out of the lint trap of the shaver.


It was definitely worth the money. I also shaved the striped Curly Purly. It also looks great.

3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Ooh, it looks great!!

I'm about to start my first knitting project right now! which is to learn how to knit, lol.

Lena said...

Wow! That makes a world of difference!

Heidi said...

That's nifty! I *love* to find stuff that makes life easier - and cheap to boot! ;)