05 January 2007

30 Things You Might Not Know About Me

In honor of the big day

1. When I was in high school I was in the musicals Brigadoon and Showboat.
2. I graduated Cum Laude from the Marriott School of Management at BYU.
3. I got married when I was 19.
4. I have the same birthday as my sister. She is 4 years younger.
5. I rode my bike in the MS150 when I was a senior in high school. It was 168 miles from Houston to Austin through the hill country.
6. I am the ward choir director.
7. When my first child was born, I still had great-grandparents, so I have a 5-generation picture.
8. I don't like green olives.
9. I love Mexican food.
10. I play the piano.
11. Last year between October 1 and December 31, I read all 6 Harry Potter Books, 12 Lemony Snicket Books, a half-dozen Roald Dahl books, and the entire Book of Mormon. All with a newborn.
12. I was a Marketing major in college.
13. I dated Frugaldad after he dumped my roommate. I think she's forgiven me by now.
14. I love to sew.
15. I have always wanted to learn to play the cello.
16. I like grapefruit but I'll only buy the kind that's grown in Texas.
17. I was born in Texas.
18. Texans have a lot of state pride.
19. I had a big Texas flag in my window in my dorm.
20. I have a bumper sticker up on my fridge that says Native Texan.
21. It is stuck up with a magnet that says "Life's too short not to live it as a Texan."
22. I haven't been back to Texas in almost 5 years.
23. I scored a 5 on the Music Theory AP test in high school.
24. I wrote a song that won first place in a contest. It is a women's trio set to the words of the Pledge of Allegiance.
25. I can say the Pledge of Allegiance in French.
26. I also took 2 semesters of German.
27. I graduated from college when I was 6 months pregnant with the Frugalboy.
28. I took German because I needed more credits to graduate. I didn't waste any time getting my major requirements finished.
29. I never had a cavity until I was about 25.
30. I never needed braces, and neither did Frugaldad. All of our siblings did. We're crossing our fingers for our kids.

No comments: