11 September 2006

an quick explanation

On Wednesday last week my sister-in-law and I went to Caldwell to an orchard and bought peaches and pears for canning. On Friday she and another friend started canning the peaches while I took dinner to another friend and they finished before I even got back! So I helped with the rest of them to go in the freezer for smoothies. So while in The Hollow Tree I didn't list any peaches, I acually get a dozen jars for my own storage, and only 4 of the freezer bags are mine. Also, only 14 pint jars of the salsa are mine, I just helped do the rest of them. I can't decide if I should list the food I preserve that is actually mine, or the work I do. What do you think?

Edited to add: I am going to put the number of jars for myself in parantheses after the total number. So 28(14) pints salsa means I helped make 28 jars but only 14 are for me. Thanks gals.

3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I think you should do both, 14 quarts of salsa (7 are for me to keep) or whatever :)

Lena said...

Sounds good to me Meadow!

Lena

One Scrappy Gal said...

Just stumbled on to your blog so I hope you don't mind me reading. :) I think it's awesome that you do canning! I've always been interested in trying it but haven't been brave enough yet. :)