04 November 2007

Reusable Shopping Bags

Though I take my plastic shopping bags back to the grocery store for recycling, I still hate bringing them home! Last week I sewed up a dozen cloth shopping bags.

Tomorrow I'll put them to good use when my favorite grocery chain opens a new store just 10 minutes from my house. So long to 30-minute-drives to the store. I will actually be able to buy frozen foods in the summer without taking a cooler packed with ice.

For a tutorial on how to sew cloth shopping bags, visit my Flickr tutorial.

3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Thanks for the reminder, I have 6 or bags I keep meaning to take with me to the store. I will put them by my purse right now (plus check our your tutorial since I need more bags)

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

Cloth grocery bags have been on my list of things to do for entirely too long. I really need to get on that.

Jennifer said...

My grocery stores sell reusable, very sturdy cloth grocery bags for $.99 each. Great deal and I feel so much better using them instead of plastic.